Sunday, January 26, 2014

Affirmations. The Power of Repeated Words and Thoughts.

Affirmations are positive statements or self-scripts that can shape the subconscious so that you will be able to develop a positive thought process. It will help you have a more positive perception of yourself.

They can help you to modify harmful behaviours or achieve goals, and they can also help undo the harm caused by negative scripts, those things which we repeatedly tell ourselves (or which other people repeatedly tell us) that contribute to a negative self-perception. Affirmations are simple to create and use, but you will need commitment to make them work. Here are some pointers to help you get the most out of these powerful tools.
Think of your positive attributes.
  • Think of what negative scripts you would like to counteract or what positive goals you want to achieve.
  • Prioritize your list of goals and what you need to work at.
    Compose a list. Write them down.
  • Match up some of your positive attributes with your goals.
    Make them visible so you will be able to use them on a day to day basis.
  • Continue using your affirmations even when you start to feel better or achieve more in life.

Affirmations 

Thinking is commonly an assortment of words, sentences, images and senses. Thoughts are like visitors who travel to the central station of the mind. They arrive, remain for a while, and then vanish, clearing blank space for different thoughts. A few of these thoughts remain longer, acquire power, and impact the life of the individual imagining them.
Most people allow thoughts affiliated with concerns, dreads, anger or sadness to invade their mind most of the time. They fill their mind with inner conversation about negative states of affairs and actions.
This inner conversation sooner or later impacts the subconscious, making it take on board the ideas and thoughts expressed in those inner conversations. It is of critical importance to be cautious of what enters the subconscious mind. Words and ideas that are duplicated frequently become stronger by the repetitions, settle into the subconscious mind and impact the conduct, actions and reactions of the individual involved.
The subconscious mind regards the words and ideas that get wedged within it as verbalizing and depicting an actual situation, and consequently attempts to line up the words and ideas with reality. It works diligently to make these words and ideas a fact in the life of the individual stating or believing them.
This implies that if you frequently tell yourself that it's hard or hopeless to get money, the subconscious mind will accept your words and place obstacles in your path.
If you continue telling yourself that you're rich, it will discover means to bring you chances to become rich, and push you towards capitalizing on one of these chances. The thoughts that you verbalize through your words become part of your life.
This is frequently done unconsciously, as few pay attention to their ideas and the words they utilize when thinking, and allow outside conditions and situations influence what they think of. In this event, there's no freedom, you are just swept along by events outside your control.
Remember, the outside world affects the inner world. If you consciously select the ideas, words and phrases that you repeat in your brain, your life will begin to alter. You will start creating new situations and conditions. You'll be applying the ability of affirmations to change your life for the better.
Affirmations are sentences that are repeated frequently during the daytime, and which bury deep into the subconscious, activating its tremendous ability to materialize the intention of the phrases and words in the outside world.
This doesn't imply that every phrase you express will bring results. In order to activate the subconscious mind, the words have to be stated attentively, purposely and with feeling.
Affirmations have to be worded in a positive way in order to receive the positive effects.
Consider the following two sentences:
  1. I'm not powerless any longer.
  2. I'm strong and powerful.
Although both sentences seem to express the same thought, simply in different phrases, the first one represents a negative sentence. It produces in the mind an image of helplessness. This is a wrong choice of words. The second sentence arouses in the mind an image of strength.
It's not enough to state an affirmation a couple of times, and then anticipate your life to change. It requires more than this. It's crucial to affirm attentively, in addition to strong desire, trust and perseverance. It's also crucial to pick out the correct affirmation for any particular situation. You want to feel at ease with it; otherwise the affirmation might not work or might bestow upon you something that you don't genuinely need.
Only visualize positive and beneficial situations. Utilize positive words in your inner dialogues or when talking with other people. Smile a bit more, as this helps to think positively. Disregard any feelings of laziness or a need to give up. If you hold on, you'll transform the way your mind thinks.
Once a damaging thought enters your mind, you have to be mindful of it and try to replace it with a constructive one. This pattern can keep repeating itself. It's as though there are two pictures in front of you, and you choose to look at one of them and brush aside the other. Persistence will finally teach your mind to think positively and ignore damaging thoughts.
It doesn't matter what your circumstances are at the moment. Think positively, expect only favourable results and situations, and your life will alter accordingly. It may take some time for the changes to take place, but eventually they will.
Read through and think about the following Personal Reflection.
My Inner Dialogue Is Encouraging.
  • I continually communicate with myself through my thoughts. I am the most influential voice I hear because I am the only one who knows every detail about my life.
    Through the power of my thoughts, I build myself up with positive encouragement.
  • Just as I choose the words I speak to others, I carefully select what I say to myself. Every idea I express to myself is a reflection of my love and self-acceptance. By addressing myself with encouraging words, I cultivate a positive attitude within me.
  • My constructive self-talk helps me brush aside any negativity aimed at me throughout the day. The voice of self-acceptance, which is constantly building me up inside, serves as a shield from harsh criticism and pessimistic comments.
  • My goal is to be my number one supporter. I clearly see the talents and gifts inside me. I focus my attention on my strengths by pointing them out to myself. Keeping my best qualities at the forefront of my thoughts motivates me to rise above challenges.
  • As a result of my uplifting inner dialogue, it is easy for me to encourage others. I just focus on their pleasant qualities. I refrain from judging others due to lack of self-confidence. Because I believe in myself, I can support others without feeling threatened.
  • Today, I choose to speak to myself with respect and honor.My self-acceptance and encouraging inner dialogue propel me toward success. Regardless of what I may hear from others, I can always count on myself to be my greatest motivator.
Self-Reflection Questions:
  1. How does my self-image affect the way I see others?
  2. Why should I speak positively to myself?
  3. What is something positive about myself I can focus on today?

No comments:

Post a Comment