Thursday, August 13, 2026

Archiving Digital Information: Preserving Knowledge for the Future

 One meaningful initiative I helped make happen on campus was promoting awareness about archiving and preserving digital information.

In today’s digital environment, valuable academic and institutional information is created every day, but digital information can easily be lost, scattered, or become inaccessible over time. I helped create awareness about the importance of systematically preserving digital documents, photographs, records, and other valuable information for future access.

Through this initiative, I encouraged students and the campus community to think beyond simply creating and storing digital information—to also consider its long-term preservation, organization, accessibility, and responsible use.

I believe digital archiving is not just about storing files; it is about preserving knowledge, history, and institutional memory for future generations.

In my video, I share how we can approach digital information archiving and why it matters in an increasingly digital world.



No comments:

Post a Comment